So here we are, in a new year and a new me.
I’ve decided that I’m going to be a makup horder now! Fortunately, I have the space and the income to feed my addition, much like my wine addiction.
After having horrible luck with eye makeup for YEARS, I have finally discovered that there are a few tricks that have made me enjoy the makeup again.
1. I cannot ever use an eyeliner pencil that is waxed based. That is a recipe for disaster. The only pencil that I’ve found that works, is the SmashBox Wish for a Perfect Pencil, because they go on and do not BUDGE. The only issue I have with that is that they are not very blendable as a result.
I have also found that I am in love with STILA Smudge Pots! They are so creamy but dry in a flash and don’t move around like the Smashbox cream eyeliner pots.
2. Use an eye primer. This has been particularly tricky for me, because I have extremlely sensative eyes. I’ve been playing with Two Faced Shadow Insurance, and I think it’s decent, but it still has a bit of reaction for my eyes. The Urban Decay Primer Potion just didn’t work at all for me, though I have heard that I should try some of other formulas instead of Original.
Now, I use mainly MAC Paint Pots in Bare Study or Soft Ocre and they seem to work.
3. My nose looks like an oil slick 10 minutes after applying my makeup. While I’m afraid to try primers because I have such sensative skin, I will say that Urban Decay’s DeSlick in a Tube is FANTASTIC as creating a matte finish on my nose.
4. Rare Minerals Night Treatment leaves my skin silky smooth, but it did take a few weeks to clear up after I first used it. That said, I adore it and will try to buy another while they are on sale (old packaging).
5. I really need to give drugstore brands a try.
6. YouTube rocks
7. QVC isn’t that cheesy, but you have to pay attention to the TSVs or you’ll miss the good deals.
8. Sephora is my mecca but shipping sucks.
I look forward to playing in my crayon box and sharing with you soon!