My blog has moved! May 25, 2011
I feel so…tarnished! May 23, 2011
Do you see what happens when you read beauty blogs in your spare time? Yowzah! It looks like the Buxom Babes are up to it again, developing new products so we just can’t say no (or wait for a sale).
Recently, I’ve fallen in love with Buxom (A Bare Escentuals Brand) Stay There Eyeshadows, a dry cream formula with high shine that “stays put”. You are probably already aware of my obsession with Buxom lip glosses. I might not have them all, but I love them and wear them every day (and night, much to the joy of my significant other).
Now, they creative team behind the brand has come up a new lip product: Buxom Lip Tarnish Plumping & Moisturizing Lip Stains. These will be available exclusively at Sephora (as all the Buxom line will be) and are initially priced at $18 with four color selections. I would bet that in BE Buxom tradition, a smaller version will be available as a set for holiday gift giving. These little beauties promise to treat your lips royally by tinting them, giving them shine, hydrating them, and well…plumping them. It IS a Buxom lip product after all!
For pictures and details please see Makeup & Beauty Blog’s reivew.
I dare to go Naked! May 20, 2011
It’s back! The uber coveted massively popular Urban Decay Naked Palette has made its way back to Sephora stores. This is a universally flattering collection of browns, tans, taupes, and a grey that can create millions of combinations from day time neutral to evening shimmer.
Combine these with your favorite eyeliner, and you have a powerful tool that you can pop in your purse and carry with you.
At $48, it might seem like an indulgance, but you are getting 12 full size eyeshadows and a deluxe eyeshadow brush, plus a mini Urban Decay Primer potion in original. This could easily be over $100 in product.
I personally held off buying this forever because I have a ton of neutral looking shadows. I finally caved and I had to snatch one up when there was a sale and an Ebates offer and I had a VIB discount, and I must say – even with all the hype – I LOVE it.
There are 12 shadows:
- Highlighters of Virgin, Sin (shimmer), and Naked
- Midtones of Sidecar (shimmer), Buck, Half Baked (shimmer),Smog (shimmer)
- Contours of Dark Horse, Toasted (shimmer), Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal.
There are endless possibilities and the kit now comes with a high quality flat tapered shadow brush that allows you to have full coverage and also definition, as well as a mini Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original.
Today I am wearing UDPP in Eden
- Virgin patted all over lid to brow
- Sin on lid
- Buck on outer third
- Hustle in the crease
- and a touch of gunmetal in the crease
- My other addition and addiction are the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, which stay put and have amazing color payoff. Today I am wearing Corrupt, a rich dark brown.
- Mally Mascara.
- I am also wearing Josie Maran Matchmaker foundation
- Mally Poreless Finishing Powder
The pictures make it look a touch more sparkling than it shows in person, but this is the PERFECT kit fi you buy no other.
It’s a one stop shop, and packs up neatly and easily.
Purple is where it’s at! May 18, 2011
- Benefit Primed & Poreless Primer
- BE Matte Foundation in Golden Fair
- NARS Illuminizer in Orgasm. I just got this in a Beauty.com haul, and I love the way it’s true to the Orgasm color, but adds a nice rosy glow. I used it to highlight my cheekbones and around the eye socket.
- BE Glee as blush
- Two Face Shadow Insurance in Candlelit
- BE Nude Beach patted all over lid and used to blend
- BE Water Lily on outer 1/3 of lid
- BE Midnight Diamond wetlined
- Buxom Mascara (2 coats)
- I needed a little more oomph so I added Myth in the crease, and patted more Water Lily in the middle of my lid
- BE Pretty Amazing in Courage with Buxom Claire over it.
Happy Hump Day!
Today, I decided to go for an all (well, mostly) Tarte look, using the 8th Wonder of the World Collection from QVC.
- Mally Poreless Perfection Primer
- Monistat Anti Chafing Gel on the nose (hey! It’s cheap and it’s a GREAT silicone primer!) In fact, the active ingredient, Dimethicone, is the primary ingredient in most silicone based primers. I swatched L’oreal, BE and Smashbox primers on my hand, along with Monistat. They are ALL clear silicone primers and all function the same way, more or less. I will say that the Mally primer is not the best for mineral makeup, but works wonders for cream powders or liquid makeup. I find that the BE primers and also another fave, the Benefit Primed & Poreless work wonderfully for BE foundation.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation in Light
- UDPP in Eden
- MAC Painterly Paint Pot as base
- Tarte Shimmering Sand patted on lid and sweeped over lid
- Tarte Shimmering Plum in the outer 1/3 of eye
- Tarte Shimming Cocoa in crease
- Tarte Emphasize Eyes eyeliner in Golden Plum
- Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Glisten
- Tarte Pure optic Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Golden Pink
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara
This is definately a great collection, and I can’t wait for the next Auto Delivery in June!
The Making of a VIB – part 1 May 12, 2011
The past year, no really, the past six or seven months, I’ve become something of a makeup hoarder. It all started with a small collection of mini Bare Escentuals eyeshadows I purchased about 7 years ago, but still own. Those things are next to IMPOSSIBLE to use up!
If you’ve been reading my blog, you know that I have struggled with makeup my entire life; it wasn’t until recently that I realized that there are tools out there that actually work for me, and could work for you too.
So – using that as a backdrop, I’m about to embark ona series of posts about my mounting makeup collection in 2011.
What is a VIB you ask? A Very Important Beauty of course! That is the term that Sephora uses to categorize its frequesnt shoppers who exceed a
ridiculous certain level of purchases in any calendar year. IN this case, it’s $350. Given that it’s only May, and that I’m telling you I’m a VIB, you can imagine how much product I’ve gone gaga over. But that’s another story.
So here is part 1:
Dateline, November 2010. Sephora was having a deal that if I purchased a certain amount, I’d get a free Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil. Ok so since I’m a sucker for a steal, deal, or sale, I bought just the bare minimum that was on my watch list:
Stila Smudge Pot in Brown. There is a story behind this purchase like many others but…
A Cable Car in Sydney May 11, 2011
Today, I was totally and completely exhausted. Normally when I have no sleep I say f*%$ it and don’t do my makeup but I was just feeling blah and decided to pick myself up.
The lighting was a bit tricky this morning in my house, but I think yo uget the idea. Please ignore the grease puddle on my nose; I”m not sure how to get rid of this yet.
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer
Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation in Light
BE Prime Time for Eyes
BE Cable Car in crease
I love the neutal but nice pop this look gives and will probably do a variation on it tomorrow!
Next up: Another look with shadows that are still unopened plus a big ass haul from Beauty.com and my Sephora obsession this month
Super Secret Smart Savvy Sale! May 9, 2011
Holy moley! It's that time of year I guess. Did you know, ebates is having a bday special! Places like Sephora and Philosophy and Beauty.com are 12% cash back right now! That's right, your own personal sale! If you don't know what ebates is all about, just check it out. No risk to read, right/ You can stack that with a 20% sale Beauty.com is having or use a Sephora coupon if you have one. Get bare escentuals, tarte, philosophy, more! With all the newness at Sephora, why not save a few smackers and order it online.